Jesse Stutts, Inc. (JSI) is seeking a CNC Operator who will serve as a member of the Prefabrication Department team. They will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the CNC machinery. The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Read and interpret work instructions, prints, and job orders for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and proper tooling selections.
- Troubleshoot, edit, and optimize new and existing machine programs on various pieces of equipment to ensure efficient overall production.
- Calculate and set machine controls to specific work orders and regulate factors such as, cutting depth, speed, feed rates, and proper coolant/air flow.
- Observe operation of the machines and verify that machined work is to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Deburr and clean parts to ensure that they meet the blueprint specifications.
- Set up and operate several machines on a flexible basis to ensure optimum output throughout the prefabrication shop.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will be expected to always present themself in a friendly and professional manner.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the prefabrication shop where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electric shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1 – 3 years experience operating CNC equipment
- Basic computer and computer machinery skills 2
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Clean and maintain the equipment daily
- Machinery to be operated includes:
- 10’x 88 TON CNC Press Brake
- 10’x ¼” Shear
- 5’x10’ CNC Router
- 5’x10’ CNC Plasma Table
- 155-Watt CO2 Laser Engraver and Cutter
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is constantly required to stand, frequently required to stand/walk and occasionally required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on a constant basis, 25-50 pounds on a frequent basis and over 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled